We know that working with an attorney is an important decision to make. People looking for legal help are nervous about communicating with attorneys unless other than in person. However, the coronavirus pandemic has forced everyone to rethink the way we interact with everyone, and that includes us at Calderon Law.
Our office remains open and our attorney and staff are available to take calls and take care of your cases as usual. Thankfully, there are a lot of ways that allow us to address our clients’ needs. We are always available for you, whether we are in the office or are working remotely.
We want to update you about the measures we are taking for safety of everyone, including you and your loved ones, so that we can continue doing what we do best – work on your immigration matters.
Maximizing the Use of Available Technology to Address our Clients’ Needs
- We are always available by phone. We also have an answering service that are available to take messages during and after office hours or on weekends.
- We use email and file-sharing applications (such as Dropbox or Google Drive) or fax to minimize physical handoff of documents with clients. Our clients can scan or take pictures of documents and easily share them with us, and vice versa.
- If you need to send original documents to our office without the need of talking to us in person, you can send documents by Mail or use our Office Dropbox outside our office suite.
- We can still have “face-to-face meetings” from the safety and privacy of our clients’ homes by video conferencing through Zoom, Facetime, and other forms of secure video conferencing. These are simple to use and clients can use smartphones, tablets or laptops.
When Face-To-Face Meetings are Necessary
There are times when face-to-face meetings are necessary. Please schedule appointment and avoid walk-ins. We recommend taking certain precautions to minimize risks of infection:
- Before coming in, please let us know if you or anyone in the household is sick or is suffering any symptoms of coronavirus. If so, we may need to reschedule the meeting or make alternative arrangements that will still allow us to accomplish what we need to do.
- Please check in by phone when you arrive in the building premises. To avoid congestion inside our office, we may ask you to wait in the car while waiting for your appointment.
- Please skip the handshake.
- Please use hand sanitizers regularly. We will try to provide hand sanitizers, cleaning wipes and tissue in the office.
- We request that our clients wear face masks when coming in. We will try to provide disposable face masks to our clients if needed.
- Please use disposable gloves if possible. We will try to provide disposable gloves to our clients if needed.
- Please stay a safe distance from each other and practice social distancing. We recommend keeping at least 6 feet away from each other as recommended by the CDC.
If you have any questions about the precautions we are taking, please don’t hesitate to call us. Thank you very much for your understanding. Together, we will all pull through this!
Stay safe, healthy and strong everyone.